Previously I discussed the expression "I couldn't care less," and tried to explain the popular mutation "I could care less." It's a controversial issue that gets purists a bit fired up. The truth is, even the original and more literal version is well-worn. Why not avoid the controversy by ditching the expression altogether?
Here are a few suggestions for replacement phrases:
"Did you hear that Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are having problems in their relationship?"
Ways to respond without saying "I couldn't care less":
- I could not possibly care less about about that.
- I would be shocked if anyone in the world cares less about that than I do.
- Wait, let me see if I care about that....Nope.
- That registers a zero on my caring scale.
- That's at the top of my list of things I do not care about.
- That information did not register on my caring meter.
- Sorry, I have used up all my caring on Tim Tebow and Taylor Swift's relationship.
- It's amazing how little I care about that.
- Yeah, that's something I don't care about. At all.
- Don't. Care.
That was fun. I bet you can come up with more! Leave them in the comments. If you care.